Senior Lecturer of Italian
Ph.D., Ohio State University
- 253 Dauer Hall
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Office Hours – SPRING 2017
- Tuesday: 3:00 pm – 3:50 pm
- Thursday: 9:35 am – 10:25 am & 12:50 pm – 1:40 pm
Areas of specialization
- Foreign language education, Italian language and culture, second language acquisition (SLA)
- Ph.D. in Foreign and Second Language Education (The Ohio State University)
- M.A. in Italian (The Ohio State University)
- Laurea in Lingue e Letterature Straniere (Università di Roma Tre, Italy)
Alessia Colarossi is a Senior Lecturer in Italian in the Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures. She received her Ph.D. in Foreign and Second Language Education from the Ohio State University in the spring of 2009. She teaches and designs online and hybrid Italian courses at the undergraduate level. Her research interests include: Business language teaching, and online teaching.
Her dissertation research focuses on the role of culture in undergraduate Italian foreign language programs in the Midwestern United States. This research explores and describes how Italian undergraduate programs at the elementary college level define and operationalize the notion of cultural competence, and to what extent, if any, the curricula of Italian programs are aligned with the National Standards (1999) regarding culture and cultural competence.