Assistant Professor of Japanese
Ph.D., University of Hawai’i at Manoa
- 325 Pugh
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Office Hours — Spring 2020
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 12:50 to 1:40 p.m.
- Or by appointment
Areas of Interest
Postwar Japanese literature, Edo-period Japanese literature, Japanese popular culture and visual culture, postmodern theory
- Smith, Christopher. “Who Said That? Textuality in Eighteenth Century kibyōshi.” Japan Forum 29, no. 2 (2016): 279-98.
- Smith, Christopher. “Empire as Mirror: Imperialism and Identity in the Crest/Banner of the Stars Series.” Science Fiction Film & Television 7, no. 3 (January 1, 2014): 409–32.
- JPT 3500: Introduction to Japanese Culture
- JPW 4130: Reading Japanese Literature