Lecturer in German
Ph.D., University of Arizona
Office Hours — Fall 2020
Research interest and background
- I am interested in all aspects of Second Language Acquisition and Teaching: in particular, a literacies-based approach and enhancing language learners’ multilingual and multicultural awareness. I have published on incorporating ambiguity, linguistic landscapes, and digital gaming into the language learning experience.
- I have taught a wide variety of beginning to advanced German language and culture classes, including face-to-face and online versions, as well as for study abroad and immersion programs. Before coming to the University of Florida, I taught German at Middlebury College, the U.S. Military Academy (West Point), and the University of Arizona.
- GER 1130 — Beginning Intensive German 1
- GER 1131 — Beginning Intensive German 2
- GER 2225 — Online Intermediate German
- GER 3413 — Advanced German Listening Comprehension and Speaking (web course)
- GER 4482 Cultural Identity and Intercultural Competence