We are pleased to announce a new scholarship for students of French and Italian. The Albert and Rita Smith Fund for the Advancement of Studies in French and Italian will offer two scholarships of $500.00 each to a worthy student in French and Francophone Studies and also Italian Studies. Normally the award will cover expenses for study abroad but other proposals for advancement in French and Italian studies will be considered. Preference will be given to majors or minors and to students attending UF Study Abroad Programs, but other students interested in French and Italian may apply and other programs may be eligible. A faculty review committee will select awardees based on their academic performance and the merits of their proposal. Students will be recognized at the LLC annual award ceremony in April.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
The cover page should indicate the following:
- Student Name and UFID
- UF email address
- Major(s), minor(s), and class year
- Overall GPA
- Name of the program
- Names and email addresses of two UF professors in the relevant academic program of study
- On a separate page, please write a short essay, in the language of your choice, explaining your reasons for applying for these funds and also for the program chosen.
The supporting documents for your application should be sent by e-mail before February 28, at 4:00 pm for:
– Applicants in FRENCH to Dr. Sylvie Blum at email@example.com
– Applicants in ITALIAN STUDIES to Dr. Deborah Amberson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be notified by email, mid-March 2019