Lecturer in Japanese
MA, University of Wisconsin – Madison
Office Hours — Fall 2019
- Mondays and Fridays: 1:55 to 2:45 p.m.
- Thursdays: 12:55 to 1:40 pm
- Or by appointment
Research interest and background
My area of study is Japanese linguistics and pedagogy. I am interested in the area of discourse analysis and second language speakers of Japanese. I have researched about the usage of certain linguistic functions by Japanese learners, using conversational data. I always have my research interest center on the leaner’s Japanese language use and apply the research to the development of Japanese language teaching
I have taught Japanese for four years as a teaching assistant at Carthage College and University of Wisconsin-Madison. As a part-time instructor, I have taught Japanese to international students from a variety of countries at summer study abroad program in Tokyo.
- JPN 1130 – Beginning Japanese 1
- JPN 1131 – Beginning Japanese 2
- JPN 2230 – Intermediate Japanese 1
- JPN2231 – Intermediate Japanese 2