Charles M. Bwenge
Senior Lecturer of African Languages
Coordinator, Program in African Languages
Ph.D., University of Virginia
- 347 Pugh Hall (LLC Office)
- 423 Grinter Hall (African Studies Office)
- 352.273.2953 & 392.6232
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Office Hours — Spring 2020
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Or by appointment
Areas of Research
My areas of specialization are Africa, particularly Eastern and Central Africa, and the topics that I have specialized in are language and culture, ethnography of communication, sociolinguistics, language policy and development, discourse analysis, language contact phenomena (bilingualism/multilingualism, codeswitching, borrowings, pidgins), language policy in education, and ethno-lexicography.
- HUM 2420 African Humanities
- SWA 2200 and 2201 Intermediate Swahili 1 and 2