Associate Professor of Japanese
Ph.D., University of Michigan
- 320 Pugh Hall
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Office Hours – SPRING 2018
- Tuesday: 11:45 pm – 1:40 pm
- Thursday: 11:45 pm – 12:35 pm
- Or by appointment via e-mail
Areas of Interest
History of Japanese native linguistics tradition, Japanese mimetics, regional varieties of Japanese, translation studies, writing systems.
- Marks, Andreas, ed. 2015.Tokaido Texts and Tales: Tokaido goju-san tsui, by Hiroshige, Kunisada, and Kuniyoshi, edited by Andreas Marks; with contributions by Laura Allen and Ann Wehmeyer. Gainesville, Fl: University Press of Florida. October, 2015.
- Kimi Kondo-Brown, Yoshiko Saito-Abott, Shingo Satsutani, Michio Tsutsui and Ann Wehmeyer, eds. 2013. New Perspectives on Japanese Language, Learning, Linguistics and Culture. Honolulu: National Foreign Language Resource Center, University of Hawaii.
- JPN 3730 Language in Japanese Society
- JPN 4415 Japanese Translation: Theory and Practice
- JPN 4850 Structure of Japanese
- JPT 4502 Japanese Folklore
- LIN 4784 Writing Systems